Monday, May 4, 2009

Short hike @ Kamakura


IMG_7188, originally uploaded by RiePatrick.

On Monday, I went to Kamakura.
Kamakura is one of the historical places that has lots of old temples and shrines.

May is one of the best season in Kanto Area, with flowers, new green leaves.
I took one of the hiking courses and it took me about 3hours in total.

Starting from Kitakamakura Station -
Tokeiji Temple - Jochiji Temple - Kuzuharagaoka Shrine - Genjiyama Park -
Kewaizaka Pass - Kaizoji Temple - Eishoji Temple - Jufukuji Temple -
(Crepe Stand) - (Creemee Stand) - Kamakura Station

Main street near the Kamakura station was very crowded as it's golden week
in Japan (National holiday May03-06) but the area I went was less people,
very quiet.
There are many different hiking course in this area so I need to go back to try
the different course. Autumn must be great for that with lots of red leaves.
Pix are uploaded to my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment